Weirdest Vehicles...

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

Just curious, for those who have used the GURPS Vehicles system, what
are the _strangest_ vehicles you've made with it for a serious (not
silly) campaign, or your players have?

Shermanlee

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

I once had a spider-legged motorcycle with manipulative pinchers that
could either be driven or run by remote control. Not super weird, but
then I usually play in low TL campaigns.

"Scooter the Mighty" <Greyguy3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I once had a spider-legged motorcycle with manipulative pinchers that
> could either be driven or run by remote control. Not super weird, but
> then I usually play in low TL campaigns.

We had a flexi-body cargo-huller with retractable legs - I can't even
remember why we built it in the first place, but its still in the campaign
almost 5 years latter.

--
Fallaras

I learned in a GI Joe comic why ninjas have gone out of use.
-"I sense a ninja presence on the other side of this wall."-
Obviously ninjas detected ninjas so readily that they found it more useful
to send non-ninjas.
And I imagine the ninjas kept getting false hits
whenever a cat walked by.

Johnny1a wrote:

> Just curious, for those who have used the GURPS Vehicles system, what
> are the _strangest_ vehicles you've made with it for a serious (not
> silly) campaign, or your players have?
>
> Shermanlee

Um, that'd be the submarine disguised as a crocodile from my James Bond
game.

Stranger

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:48:44 +0100, Gareth L Owen <glo@io.com> drained
his beer, leaned back in the rec.games.frp.gurps beanbag and drunkenly
proclaimed the following
>Johnny1a wrote:
>
>> Just curious, for those who have used the GURPS Vehicles system, what
>> are the _strangest_ vehicles you've made with it for a serious (not
>> silly) campaign, or your players have?
>>
>> Shermanlee
>
>Um, that'd be the submarine disguised as a crocodile from my James Bond
>game.

The sail-powered, 150-foot long land battleship from my TL3 "Dying
Earth" game.
--

Douglas E. Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as
when they do it from religious conviction."
Blaise Pascal (1623-1662), Pense'es, #894.

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:48:44 +0100, Gareth L Owen <glo@io.com> wrote:

>Johnny1a wrote:
>
>> Just curious, for those who have used the GURPS Vehicles system, what
>> are the _strangest_ vehicles you've made with it for a serious (not
>> silly) campaign, or your players have?
>>
>> Shermanlee

friend of mine designed a military scout vehicle/light afv.
among other things it was a submersible hovercraft and if you shot out
the engine without destroying the vehicle somehow it could dump juice
from the batteries running the laser to the hoverfans so it could keep
on going. the scary thing about it was that it was actually fairly
cost effective and able to function over a rather broad range of
terrain as it could also fly briefly if you used both the powerplant
and the batteries for fan power.
--
"Ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more violence. Limp,
panicky half-measures lead to more violence. However, complete,

Johnny1a wrote:
> Just curious, for those who have used the GURPS Vehicles system, what
> are the _strangest_ vehicles you've made with it for a serious (not
> silly) campaign, or your players have?

This was with the MVDS in the WWII2 book, but I designed an assult tank
with a 105mm howitzer in the hull, a turret with a 37mm AT gun, a
turret with four 20mm AA guns, an MG and flamethrower on each of three
sides and 26 infantry inside. DR 300 armor and 22 mph top speed.

Brandon

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?)

On 11 Apr 2005 10:02:31 -0700, "copeab@yahoo.com" <copeab@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Johnny1a wrote:
>> Just curious, for those who have used the GURPS Vehicles system, what
>> are the _strangest_ vehicles you've made with it for a serious (not
>> silly) campaign, or your players have?
>
>This was with the MVDS in the WWII2 book, but I designed an assult tank
>with a 105mm howitzer in the hull, a turret with a 37mm AT gun, a
>turret with four 20mm AA guns, an MG and flamethrower on each of three
>sides and 26 infantry inside. DR 300 armor and 22 mph top speed.
>
>Brandon

sounds awfully much like a design for battle tech.