[SOLVED] Weirdly high cpu temps

xenfur

Reputable
Jun 17, 2020
Hello! Recently I got a used pc. I downloaded Gta v and when I opened it then the cpu temp was around 70-80 c which is too hot. Also when I play a few hours it randomly turns off probably bcz of over heating. Idk what to do it's an intel stock cooler and the seller said that the thermal paste was recently changed. Help me out please.

Specs:
I5 2320
R9 290
8 gb ram
500 gb hdd

Solution
Hello! Recently I got a used pc. I downloaded Gta v and when I opened it then the cpu temp was around 70-80 c which is too hot. Also when I play a few hours it randomly turns off probably bcz of over heating. Idk what to do it's an intel stock cooler and the seller said that the thermal paste was recently changed. Help me out please.

Specs:
I5 2320
R9 290
8 gb ram
500 gb hdd
Answer is right there "intel stock cooler ".

Specs:
I5 2320
R9 290
8 gb ram
500 gb hdd
Answer is right there "intel stock cooler ".

Reactions: thomas4204
Solution

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Hell i can't believe Intel still runs with the same heatsink design.It didn't work in the 2000's with core2duo and it sure as hell doesn't work now.Best cooler would be the evo 212.Just double check if it's compatible i forgot 😁

xenfur

Reputable
Jun 17, 2020
Well, any aftermarket cooler is better, just pick up any cooler with 3 or more heat pipes 120mm fan(s), whatever you like.
Hell i can't believe Intel still runs with the same heatsink design.It didn't work in the 2000's with core2duo and it sure as hell doesn't work now.Best cooler would be the evo 212.Just double check if it's compatible i forgot 😁
Ty to your both. I have an old optiplex 980 which has a heatsink with a fan on it but idk if its compatible