Question Weirdness and looking to see if someone has an idea what happened

Sep 26, 2020
I did end up solving it through some reboots but not sure what cause was or if something in my hardware is failing and just looking for some direction. Not sure if this is best place for such a post though.
Situation
Computer froze while do things, was kinda a heavy load. Power button would not work first wierd thing and computer would not shut down..so had to unplug left unplugged for 10 seconds. Rebooted but would not load anything even the bios or mobo splash screen but fans were all on high speed. So restarted again and same situation, so started looking up possible issues and a couple minutes later the mobo splash screen cam up then booted to windows.
Just confused as to possible cause and worried I may need to replace a part soon but trying to figure out what could be point of failure. Currently suspecting mobo or GPU but unsure and any tips or guidean would be appreciated

Edit
AMD ryzen 2600 stock cooler
Asus tuf b450m plus gaming
Bios version o403 amd ages pinnaclepi-am4 1.0.0.2
Corsair ddr4 2133 pat number -cmk32gx4m2a2666c16
Nvidia geforc gtx 1060 3gb from evga
Pny cs900 960gb ssd
Pny cs900 480 GB ssd
Psu is evga 600br 100-br-0600-k1
Periperhial include keyboard, mouse, blue yeti might and razer kyio webcam and occasionally a external hd
Windows 10 home version 10.0.18363 build 18363

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
"Could be any number of things. PSU most likely.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the crashes.

Sep 26, 2020
I was half suspecting the psu or GPU just was not sure which was more likely

Update d post with spec
Reliability viewer only shows windows was not shut down properly
And event viewer logged 1 error immediately before shutdown relating to esent. Details indicate scvhost. Tile repositorys 1-5-18
Everything else in the 10 minute window near the shut down was all just tagged informational and not warning or error from what I could tell

Also did another clean shut down and reboot and it did a similar thing fans ramped up to full and too a solid minute or 2 for even the bios screen to load but it did load eventually. Though when running games cant help but feel performance is lower since the crash.

ASK THE COMMUNITY