Welcome Back to Alice's Mad World

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearracuda

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Alright, I'm gonna beat everyone to the punch on this one:

"Real" gamers play on all 4 platforms! They go where the games are at, cuz they don't want to miss infamous, zelda, gears of war, -or- crysis.

They also don't want to miss this deliciously twisted rendition of their least favorite classic disney movie. I'm ready to stab some rabbits and rip some cards clove from spade!!

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
i remember this old game, still have it and the box art cause i loved it. i recently fired it up and played through it about a year ago, excited to see a sequel is coming.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Why are there still endless remakes of this crappy story? Don't get me wrong, I loved the original alice game, but every damn year we see yet another movie or miniseries based on this slipshod bastard of a novel that was badly plotted and written back in the day, and hasn't change since.

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
I forgot to add that this game had wonderful quotes throughout that were quite memorable and twisted. I have some written down at home, thought i'd see some on wiki there arent. surprisingly however, seems old copies of the game sell for 100+ bucks, considering i still have the box and manual i might have to part with it lol.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Alice is one of my all time favorite games. When I first heard about the sequel I almost couldn't believe my ears, it's been like a fantasy of mine that I thought for certain would never come true. There are few games more deserving of a second installment, and I'm glad to see American McGee picking up this classic once again. Here's hoping it turns out to be just as kick ass and significant as the original.

These are the first in game screen shots I've seen, and I have to admit it's looking pretty good. Any word yet on what engine it's running on?

mook33

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Alice was one of the most engrossing environments I'd ever played through -- and the artistic style was downright awesome.
The enemy AI in the game, however, was awful.

I am absolutely excited for this second installment -- even if the AI is just as bad (which I'm hoping it won't!)

On a side-note...I'm STILL searching for the old ads / ad campaign for the first game ... the dark poems and illustrations in magazines, etc, were awesome. One had the Alice and the Mad Hatter at opposite ends of the long tea-table, Alice holding a knife under the table, the Hatter with a gun. Awesome stuff, and I miss it! Needless to say, haven't been able to track them down. :( Anyone have some leads on that by chance, or have the old magazines they can scan from that time period?

PS - I think I still have my game box in storage somewhere, too -- great stuff. :)

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]I played Alice long ago... forgot the game's name. It was entertaining.The movie is awesome though (Johnny Depp).[/citation]
Correction...THe original Alice cartoon was awesome.The New one sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.