[SOLVED] well i dont think this would be real but is possible

May 4, 2019
Does anyone know if a sata data cable spliter exist not a pcie one i have a syetem with only 3 1x 2 16x and i have dual gpus a required network card and two capture cards witch i need for twitch yes i do regularly use both so pcie isnt a option all 4 m.2 slots are full i have one open u.2 and one open sata 3/6g but i want to add 2 more 10tb hdds i dont care about speed drops

Btw the why is this solved thread my most viewd one

Last edited:
May 4, 2019
Does anyone know if a sata data cable spliter exist not a pcie one i have a syetem with only 3 1x 2 16x and i have dual gpus a required network card and two capture cards witch i need for twitch yes i do regularly use both so pcie isnt a option all 4 m.2 slots are full i have one open u.2 and one open sata 3/6g but i want to add 2 more 10tb hdds i dont care about speed drops

If you are using so much space and peripherals that all your SATA slots and USB ports are full, you may want to look at a network storage box.

popatim

Titan
ESate Multiplier devices take your ONE sata line from the PC and multiplexes it into several, much like a USB hub.
Now that ONE sata line has max bandwidth. For sata3 it's about 525MB/s.

So if you add 4 SSD's into an esata box , where each ssd is capable of 525MB by itself, if you try to access all 4 at once then each drive would only be able to get (525/4 =) 130MB/s (for a total of 525MB/s which is the max that ONE sata line can do).

Now this happens with HDD's as well but at a reduced impact. Newer large HDD's can hit 200MB/s or more but older ones are about 100MB/s or less. So your HDD's may do ok.

And BTW, you may not have an open U2 either. Installing a U2 drive usually turns off 2 sata ports. and you probably don't want that to happen. :) (me either. 10 drives. LOL)