Question Well, i have been through some trouble with my RAM, it says 7.98GB usable from 16Gb

Jun 23, 2019
I'm getting some trouble at unleashing my full RAM after a change of CPU, already tryed going back to old CPU testing and problem still going on.
Well in the PC bios it only shows 8gb RAM installed, but at control pannel i get 7,98 usable from 16GB.
Already tryed eraser on the ram pin, followed some tutorials on yotutube through register, already tryed set full ram on msconfig and when i try to start my pc on any of my last 2 ram slots it just does'nt starts. If these slots are bad, would they still show the RAM ammount on the Control Panel as not usable?

any info of my pc u guys need just ask, really appreciate helps since now.

Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together. You are free to do your own compatibility testing.

Once you start making such combinations, you often find the memory can no longer operate at rated specifications.

Workarounds to get such combinations to work include:
Lower memory clock speed
Relax DRAM timings
Increase DRAM voltage

Reactions: vjose711
Jun 23, 2019
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together. You are free to do your own compatibility testing.

Once you start making such combinations, you often find the memory can no longer operate at rated specifications.

Workarounds to get such combinations to work include:
Lower memory clock speed
Relax DRAM timings
Increase DRAM voltage
Lemme see if i get that, the ram could be working together since always, and with a cpu change it just stops?
I'm kinda of a casual or /and curious when it comes to overcloacking, sorry for being such a newbie, these are my actual dram configs, i don't know if you could guide me about what to do here, seems way more complicated than the rest of the configs.
65056837_935584270106791_3969501855494438912_n.jpg

If you need more info or specs let me know.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS