Info Well.... I was lucky I guess

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys, I'd like to share a little thing with y'all, I recently built my pc and I was kinda worried with my mobo (B450 Aorus Pro Wifi), It needed a bios update to work with my 3600X, then I lend it to a friend of mine who had a ryzen 2nd gen to update the bios, I asked him about the EC FW Update Tool that was in Gigabyte's site he said it wasn't needed, well, when he finally bought my mobo back he said he hadn't installed the EC FW tool, I was a bit worried but then we started the installation, for my surprise the rig worked perfectly! It was 16GB of ram, dual channel, 3200mhz (with XMP of course). I was surprised that even without the ec fw tool I could use my ram with no problems. Idk if this was just luck but here's a piece of info

boju

Titan
Ambassador
EC FW update & chipset is recommended for those updating Bios with an existing Windows install. Since you did a clean install?, the above requirements isn't necessary because there is no software/driver installed to cause conflicts with an updated Bios and CPU.

Hi guys, I'd like to share a little thing with y'all, I recently built my pc and I was kinda worried with my mobo (B450 Aorus Pro Wifi), It needed a bios update to work with my 3600X, then I lend it to a friend of mine who had a ryzen 2nd gen to update the bios, I asked him about the EC FW Update Tool that was in Gigabyte's site he said it wasn't needed, well, when he finally bought my mobo back he said he hadn't installed the EC FW tool, I was a bit worried but then we started the installation, for my surprise the rig worked perfectly! It was 16GB of ram, dual channel, 3200mhz (with XMP of course). I was surprised that even without the ec fw tool I could use my ram with no problems. Idk if this was just luck but here's a piece of info
That's because BIOS already has upgrading capability that is even more reliable and safe than by doing it with software.

TRENDING THREADS