CPU - A10 5800k

Video Card - R9 270X GAMING 2G

Ram - Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Fan - Hyper 212 evo

Power supply - XFX Graphics Core Edition PRO550W

Case - Raidmax TYPHOON ATX Mid

Will my ram bottleneck my computer?

Solution
Your using the wrong processor the FM2 processor is made for people that are not going to use a video card and is a dead end road. Look at the FX 6300 or even a i3 4150 (a different motherboard would be needed for either) both would give you better performance and the i3 would have a clear upgrade path. I would get 8GB of memory, if your at the top of your budget then get a single stick of 4GB this will cause about a 5% decrease in memory performance in a duel channel motherboard and add another 4GB stick as soon as you can.
For that processor and using a video card you could just get a 750K / 760K for a lower price and get the same performance. (pretty much the same chip with the built in video disabled)

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Your using the wrong processor the FM2 processor is made for people that are not going to use a video card and is a dead end road. Look at the FX 6300 or even a i3 4150 (a different motherboard would be needed for either) both would give you better performance and the i3 would have a clear upgrade path. I would get 8GB of memory, if your at the top of your budget then get a single stick of 4GB this will cause about a 5% decrease in memory performance in a duel channel motherboard and add another 4GB stick as soon as you can.
For that processor and using a video card you could just get a 750K / 760K for a lower price and get the same performance. (pretty much the same chip with the built in video disabled)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS