Question Went from a 970 to 3060 and havving issues.

Sep 28, 2022
Hi guys, my gf bought me an Nvidia gigabyte 3060 12 gig and I was upgrading from my 970 TI. We went to put the new card into my computer, I have a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.81 GHz as my motherboard. It says they are compatible. When we started my pc and used Nvidia Geforce experience to update to the new drivers, fired up world of warcraft and it was super low frames. Other games wouldn't even open. Tried (I forget the programs name) that completely uninstalls all driver cards and programs associated in safe mode and re-installed manually from the website with a new geforce experience. Tried again same result. Went to the BIOS and fiddled around with an optimization setting to see if that had any result and the new card stopped showing any screens at all. Put the old card back in updated drivers and all works perfectly fine. We don't have any other ideas or know if the card is faulty. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Side note, she bought it a month and some change ago for my birthday that just passed this last weekend so Amazon refund / exchange is not an option now unless we call and have some nice rep.

punkncat

Splendid
Ambassador
The 3060 is going to pull more power than the 970. What PSU are you using and how old is it?

Additional things to consider would be your monitor, it's refresh rate and type of sync, as well as the cable connected between.

Sep 28, 2022
Hi guys, my gf bought me an Nvidia gigabyte 3060 12 gig and I was upgrading from my 970 TI. We went to put the new card into my computer, I have a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.81 GHz as my motherboard. It says they are compatible. When we started my pc and used Nvidia Geforce experience to update to the new drivers, fired up world of warcraft and it was super low frames. Other games wouldn't even open. Tried (I forget the programs name) that completely uninstalls all driver cards and programs associated in safe mode and re-installed manually from the website with a new geforce experience. Tried again same result. Went to the BIOS and fiddled tutuapp around with an optimization setting to see if that had any result and the new card stopped showing any screens at all. Put the old card back in updated drivers and all works perfectly fine. We don't have any other ideas or know if the card is faulty. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Side note, she bought it a month and some change ago for my birthday that just passed this last weekend so Amazon refund / exchange is not an option now unless we call and have some nice rep.
I got this,..

ASK THE COMMUNITY