Question Went from BSOD to nothing showing up on monitor when computer is on in less than a day. Is it my motherboard? Please help

Feb 2, 2019
Hello. I build my first PC last year in August 2018 and have not had any major issues until now. My specs are as follows.

i7-8700K (never overclocked)
Corsair - H100i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory (2 pair bought separately)
Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Founders Edition Video Card
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Corsair - LL120RGB LED (6 Fans With Lighting Node PRO) 43.25 CFM 120mm Fans
Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor

I was running on intel graphics until I go the RTX card and apart from lots of frame drops and occasional freezes in game that would seem like they wanted to crash but didn't and continued there have been no major issues with the computer. If I went with the Geforce Experience optimal it took away a lot of the issues. Also my Asus Aura sync would always freeze up and stop working and would require me to constantly reopen the program or restart the computer.

Fast forward to the 1-29-2019. I decided to see what updates I needed for drivers and BIOS. I went from version 1002 to the latest which is 1601 for the BIOS. Installed via flash drive and nothing wrong. I downloaded newest version of asus Aura sync. Still a terrible software, really needs work and still would have my motherboard LED and RAM rgb.

I got my first BSOD on 2-1-2019 at around 2AM while I was on the desktop. I don't remember exactly what I was doing but I think I was trying to open a program and it froze and crashed.

The BSOD gave me this error code. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR which only has one issue and that would be hardware failure. I tried to restart the computer multiple times and could not get windows to get me to the desktop or initiate a recovery. It would just freeze either on the ASUS ROG screen or give me another BSOD and I would always have to manually shutdown the computer. I could get into the BIOS but did not know what to do since all solutions said to try to get to the Windows recovery screen. Anyways after a couple of more attempts the display stopped working all together and would not show anything or send a signal even if the computer was on. I removed the graphics card thinking it was that at that point and connected directly o the motherboard and still no image. I had a POST led light up in white on the VGA section so that is why I thought it was the graphics card.

I called ASUS customer support. Not the best service but we tried some troubleshooting, like take out the motherboard battery for CMOS. Use only one stick of ram, tried two different ones and nothing. He then initiated an RMA but I am looking here to see if someone could help. If it is the motherboard I might send to them but I might buy another one from a different company since this one is not that good for overclocking the CPU which is why I have not done it. Maybe a Gigabyte or MSI.

Any help would be great. I don't know if the only hardware that might be bad is the motherboard but something is definitely wrong with it. Oh and also only half my peripherals would light up all of a sudden. My keyboard lit up but my razer mouse and Corsair ST100 RGB headset stand were not.

Feb 2, 2019
Ok but its not the RAM so I don't know why you are bringing up G.Skill and why would 2 pairs of same speed and CS not work together? They are working and show up with the XMP profile on and worked for months, they do not show to be the issue especially when you test the motherboard and use uust one stick of RAM. I tried two different ones and nothing. Its possibly and most likely the Motherboard but might be CPU. Not sure