Went on holiday for 2 weeks and unplugged pc. Just got back and it won't turn on. HELP!!!

ale.minns

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
I went on holiday for 2 weeks and turned off all electronics from the mains. Upon my return, I tried turning the computer (desktop) on and nothing happens. It worked perfectly before and I am unsure of what to do. Any suggestions appreciated.

Solution
Make sure the power supply switch is on, and let the power go into the PC for some time. It might be that the CMOS battery was drained, and recharging might fix this. Usually the PC turns on simultaneously, but sometimes it may not. Make sure all connections inside the PC are done correctly and tightly, even if it was working before you went away. I hope you did connect the power supply to the mains before trying to turn it on.
Make sure the power supply switch is on, and let the power go into the PC for some time. It might be that the CMOS battery was drained, and recharging might fix this. Usually the PC turns on simultaneously, but sometimes it may not. Make sure all connections inside the PC are done correctly and tightly, even if it was working before you went away. I hope you did connect the power supply to the mains before trying to turn it on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS