WEP and Windows

When configuring XP Pro SP2 to connect with 128(104)b WEP encryption, it can
never obtain an IP from the Access Point.
Yet when i turn off WEP it can acquire an IP easily.

I repaired the connection, tried defining my own IP, reinstalling....

But cant get it to work.

Can anyone help?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
Unless you are in a very insecure environment WEP and few other security
measure might be an adequate solution.

May be this can Help.

Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).