We're Hiring in Europe! Apply Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

When does Tom's Hardware for Romania open?
I'm the first person you can count on !!!

ruigui

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Too bad this is not happening in Portugal... I'm unemployed, it would be great to do something computer related. It's what i love.
Come on guys, come to the south ;)

tyralyon

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
I'm Norwegian, but don't think I have any journalist blood in me :p
I could always translate, but that's about it I think...

@obiown77
Funny, tried that sentence in Google Translates language detection and it said Swedish :)

Ability to work remotely, using ICQ and email as primary means for communicating with other members of the staff
ICQ? I haven't used that for years. Why is that the preferred IM? Wouldn't Skype be a better option?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Why's gramatics a requirement? Kevin quite clearly doesn't have that skill!

Anyway on a more serious note, what sort of job security is provided. How about the working hours (on a scale from 'secondary profession' over 'full time job' to 'cancel your reallife' scale) ; and is the minimum, average or maximum wage known?

ps. your custom cms needs more customization! on a pc the login box is sluggish, but on my wp7 it's even worse - it accepts the input, but doesn't save a cookie appearently - at least it keeps being not logged in.
So had to get out of bed and actually type this in on the computer instead :(

G

I'll send my resume but I gotta tell you guys...it's gonna be quite a flight every morning from the U.S!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Tyralyon[/nom]ICQ? I haven't used that for years. Why is that the preferred IM? Wouldn't Skype be a better option?[/citation]
ICQ is still quite popular in some less developed countries like germany and russia - and ofc the usa (probably because aol bought it from mirabilis back before msn was a useful tool). In 98 it had a functionality level equal to msn of 2007 - so it was good, once.
As for skype or any other verbal communication, it has the drawback of no backlogs. Memory makes mistakes, logs don't [all that often]

G

I like Swiss Army Knives, Swiss Cheese and I have a friend who drives a Volvo. Does that count?

tyralyon

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah, ICQ used to be my preferred IM as well, but now I use a combination of MSN/Skype. The main reason for choosing MSN over ICQ was that "everyone" seemed to be on MSN and less and less people came online on ICQ.
I always thought ICQ was very good when I used it though, and MSN is pretty bad, so maybe it's the right decision...
As for Skype, you can IM with that too, and that's what I meant. The IM on Skype is actually a lot better than MSN in my opinion.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Tyralyon[/nom]Yeah, ICQ used to be my preferred IM as well, but now I use a combination of MSN/Skype. The main reason for choosing MSN over ICQ was that "everyone" seemed to be on MSN and less and less people came online on ICQ.I always thought ICQ was very good when I used it though, and MSN is pretty bad, so maybe it's the right decision...As for Skype, you can IM with that too, and that's what I meant. The IM on Skype is actually a lot better than MSN in my opinion.[/citation]

I've had bad experiences with both msn and icq to be honest. I recently stopped using msn as they once again degraded their client and locked out older ones (like the one on my trophy phone), and I stopped using icq when the 98a client stopped working (the move to an online friends list broke my client as I had twice the max supported number of them). imo irc would be the best option though. It's open to customization and supports everything needed, although the file transfer features are slow.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]pjmelect[/nom]I can translate Tomshardware English into British English.[/citation]
Dutch or German? that I can do. I could even do a little bit of Zulu :p

marciocattini

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
I wish you'd guys would open up tomshardware in Brasil.
Most hardware news and blogs are very amateurish and information is parsed on through social network groups like orkut without any references or proper testing. I'd love to be involved in such thing.
Kind Regards

Márcio Cattini

Status
Not open for further replies.