Western Digital Blue HDD Boot Time in Games???

Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Title says it all. How much time will the western digital blue take to boot up modern games like gta v, battlefield 4, metro last light redux, csgo and killing floor 2 etc. I currently have the 1tb model of the hard drive. Lets say it takes 10 seconds to boot up gta v in other hard drives, how would the western digital blue boot up gta v...will it be more time or less time??? Is this hard drive also fast in booting up games???

Solution
Should be about the same as any other 7200 RPM HD that has the same cache, the Blue's have the same specs as the Blacks but are given different marketing, some of their other drives are 5400 RPM so would be a bit slower (Funny you ask, I should be getting a new Blue later today)

USAFRet

Titan

Unless the drive is actually bad, or you are using a WD Green that is in the power down state, or a 5400RPM laptop drive....you will see zero difference in application load times between various consumer grade HDDs.

Dozens of other factors impact application/game start up time far more than the teeny difference between HDDs.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Should be about the same as any other 7200 RPM HD that has the same cache, the Blue's have the same specs as the Blacks but are given different marketing, some of their other drives are 5400 RPM so would be a bit slower (Funny you ask, I should be getting a new Blue later today)

Solution