Western digital hard drive or windows problem?

24brycec

Honorable
Oct 7, 2017
I have a WD 1TB hard drive. The computer i was using always had trouble booting from it and made me choose what to boot from. I asked around and they said it might have been the motherboard. I tested this, the computer I had before was a dell and had a working hard drive. I unplugged the hard drive from mine and put it in it. And, It would not boot from that even though It was set to boot from it, it even knows the hard drive is in it. So I don't know if this is a problem with the Hard drive or the windows I installed in it. The hard drive works fine after It boots, no problems with it except booting.

Solution
I recommend making current restorable backups of your OS and Data partitions onto external media as soon as possible, maybe even one-pass/read sector only once backups. I have two usb external HDs for each computer, with samo-samo backups, however, please do whatever makes sense to you :)

24brycec

Honorable
Oct 7, 2017

I can back it up if I have to, is that bad on what you said?

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
I recommend making current restorable backups of your OS and Data partitions onto external media as soon as possible, maybe even one-pass/read sector only once backups. I have two usb external HDs for each computer, with samo-samo backups, however, please do whatever makes sense to you :)

Solution