[SOLVED] Western Digital laptop HDD reverse polarity -- what to do ?

Nov 14, 2020
Hello guys I have very important question. I have laptop hdd western digital blue with reverse polarity by adapter. it uses a molex and cable to transform to Sata, and there where the problem lies. Molex cable connection in opposite side and hdd start to clicking and hear the write pin move up and down without any data show on screen. Any way to solve this struggle ? and thanks very much.

Solution
Sorry, but i don't think so. First, if you plug in a drive and reverse the 5V and the 12V, the drive is dead. You can't fix that. Toss the drive. But i don't think that even happened. From how i understand your post you are using an adapter to go from sata to molex. Those are standard pinouts and wouldn't be reversed. A more logical reason for the drive clocking is it died. They don't last forever.

4745454b

Titan
Sorry, but i don't think so. First, if you plug in a drive and reverse the 5V and the 12V, the drive is dead. You can't fix that. Toss the drive. But i don't think that even happened. From how i understand your post you are using an adapter to go from sata to molex. Those are standard pinouts and wouldn't be reversed. A more logical reason for the drive clocking is it died. They don't last forever.

Solution