[SOLVED] We've got a mysterious drive X showing

Dec 6, 2019
Every computer in our office has a mysterious drive X showing up in My Computer, showing the exact same storage capacity and free space as the original drive. Every computer has a drive C and a drive X and on first glance they look identical, but when you double click on drive X there's a bunch of random files that mean nothing to any of us. We took one of the computers off the network and scanned it for everything we could think of to scan it for, but we've had no luck with Google searches for this problem, so we have no idea what to do. I'd like to post a picture here of the screen but I don't see a link to upload a JPG.

Solution
So in other words, IF you rt click the the X: drive in File Explorer (on the left side) and there is no Disconnect option then open an Admin Command prompt and type in Subst X: /D

Before you do that though, Can we see what the contents of X: looks like please? I'm more inclined to think this is some sort of whole disk encryption and X: is the encrypted drive and C: is the decrypted.
Dec 6, 2019
Every computer in our office has a mysterious drive X showing up in My Computer, showing the exact same storage capacity and free space as the original drive. Every computer has a drive C and a drive X and on first glance they look identical, but when you double click on drive X there's a bunch of random files that mean nothing to any of us. We took one of the computers off the network and scanned it for everything we could think of to scan it for, but we've had no luck with Google searches for this problem, so we have no idea what to do. I'd like to post a picture here of the screen but I don't see a link to upload a JPG.
SwV3Yl2.jpg

You can get such effect with subst command.
C:\Users>subst /?
Associates a path with a drive letter.

SUBST [drive1: [drive2:]path]
SUBST drive1: /D

drive1: Specifies a virtual drive to which you want to assign a path.
[drive2:]path Specifies a physical drive and path you want to assign to a virtual drive.
/D Deletes a substituted (virtual) drive.

Type SUBST with no parameters to display a list of current virtual drives.

popatim

Titan
So in other words, IF you rt click the the X: drive in File Explorer (on the left side) and there is no Disconnect option then open an Admin Command prompt and type in Subst X: /D

Before you do that though, Can we see what the contents of X: looks like please? I'm more inclined to think this is some sort of whole disk encryption and X: is the encrypted drive and C: is the decrypted.

Solution