[SOLVED] What’s the Mobile Hotspot over Bluetooth in Windows 10?

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I found an option in Windows 10 to connect to the laptops WIFI hotspot “over Bluetooth”.

Just for curiosity, what is this intended for? I can’t think of a mobile phone connecting to internet by using a laptop’s mobile hotspot over Bluetooth.

Any clarification much appreciated

YrKPB8W.png

Solution
Thanks for the article, but that's for a different thing: to turn on WIFI hotspot using bluetooth.
It looks the same to me
Here is how to set up a hotspot on your windows 10 computer
  • Open Settings.
  • Click Network & internet.
  • Click Mobile hotspot.
  • Toggle ‘Turn on remotely’ to on. Keep in mind that both devices must have Bluetooth turned on and they have to be paired.
  • Click the Edit button if you want to change the Network name and password.
  • Under Share my Internet connection from, select the Wi-Fi adapter you want to share so other devices can access the internet.
  • Click the switch to turn on Mobile hotspot.
sure, it says WIFI and not BT but its the same idea, you just sharing WIFI over BT, its...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular data connection. If your PC has a cellular data connection and you share it, it will use data from your data plan.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-hotspot-c89b0fad-72d5-41e8-f7ea-406ad9036b85

not just laptops, any PC with BT or wifi gets that menu, I have it. but no power savings options

Reactions: Rodion15

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-hotspot-c89b0fad-72d5-41e8-f7ea-406ad9036b85

not just laptops, any PC with BT or wifi gets that menu, I have it. but no power savings options

Thanks for the article, but that's for a different thing: to turn on WIFI hotspot using bluetooth.
However, I cannot see now these "share my internet connection over WIFI/Bluetooth" toggles, not sure what happened.

Thanks for your answer

Colif

Win 11 Master
It looks the same to me
Here is how to set up a hotspot on your windows 10 computer
  • Open Settings.
  • Click Network & internet.
  • Click Mobile hotspot.
  • Toggle ‘Turn on remotely’ to on. Keep in mind that both devices must have Bluetooth turned on and they have to be paired.
  • Click the Edit button if you want to change the Network name and password.
  • Under Share my Internet connection from, select the Wi-Fi adapter you want to share so other devices can access the internet.
  • Click the switch to turn on Mobile hotspot.
sure, it says WIFI and not BT but its the same idea, you just sharing WIFI over BT, its the same function. different medium
although the remote toggle seems to be missing

I do get the power savings options if I turn feature on

So its not showing now?
this might help - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...0/8c0b123b-cbd5-4ab8-8bf8-b4bb5c92d9c4?auth=1

do you have a USB WIFI adapter? is it plugged in? if its not plugged in you won't have the menu

Solution