Question What’s causing my low volume

Nov 7, 2019
After building my pc about a year ago I’ve been having an issue with sound. When I first put the computer together it all was fine. But when I played my game my headphone would start buzzing for a few seconds (the sound buzzed on one side of the headset and then went to the other. The buzzing was multiple times and in different pitches). Soon after the buzzing stopped the sound/volume came back. This didn’t bother me because the sound would always come back. However, this last time the buzzing happened again but this time the sound coming out of the speakers and or headset was much lower. This is the second time this happens to my pc, not sure what I did the first time to fix it but I can’t fix it this time. I have tried EVERYTHING. I’ve updated my bios, uninstalled and reinstalled sound driver, updated all my software, I’ve messed with every sound setting and controle panel, tried other earphones. I’m not sure what causes the sound to start buzzing. It happens at random times, but only when I’m playing my game. Can a faulty mother board lead to this issue? The mother board is the only used component in my system (besides headset) which leads me to believe it causes the sound issue. Thank you in advance to any helpful responses.