What’s wrong with my Graphics Card??

zeekgeek763

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
This is my first thread on this website, so I don’t know if I’m posting this in the right place or anything. But anyways, Lately I’ve been having quite a bit of issues with my graphics card, which is a asus strix gtx 970, the issues ive been having are with the sagging, I’ve noticed the sagging about 6 months ago and I’ve done some research and I’ve found out it’s not to bad so I ignored it, so as of lately my pc freezes with this pixelated, distorted mess on my screen and then has a BSOD and it says “Video Scheduler Internal Error”.

So then I restart my pc and when it goes to the gigabyte screen, it has these gray and white lines flashing all over the screen and it boots up normally.

So I look up what’s this could be and I didn’t get the results I’ve been experiencing. So I open up my case and saw the sag again and I moved my gpu up and straight and those white and gray lines went away, I put the gpu back in the sagging position and they came back.

So I put my computer to it’s side so it would stop sagging and it worked. So this all happened 20 mins ago and I have not idea what is actually happening to my pc and I want answers. I want to know what’s happening and know if I should get a new gpu or fix this my self. I also want it know if the Video Scedular Internal Error has anything to do with the gray and white lines and the distorted screens. Thanks for any responses and please help. Specs:
Pic: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Ey09sCz
GPU: Asus gtx 970.
CPU: Intel i5 6500
MOBO: GIGABYTE Z170x gaming 5.
HDD: seagate 1TB
PSU: 650W power supply.
RAM: 8GB DDR4 Ram

UPDATE:I think i found out the issue I've been having, theirs a metal loose heat sink looking thing and its actually something called the "Super alloy mos" which is meant for enhanced overclocking. So that little part in it is loose and moving around in my gpu, so i am just going to assume that this is the problem and its making my graphics card overheat since I've also been getting 80 degrees Celsius on my gpu when playing more light games.

[Edited by mod for easier reading]

TRENDING THREADS