Discussion What’s your most confusing, funny, or absolutely impossible PC issues? Boot, power, etc. just share it!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Back in the day lanning with friends during Win 2000/XP days, without fail someone or myself would have to be that someone needing to reinstall Windows. Pita, rarely smooth sailing, wasted hrs setting up rather than playing lol.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Got the pc all put together, loop all arranged, everything done, only to realize the 28mm tall rotating 90° fittings on the gpu block will not fit under a radiator that has only 24mm of clearance. And those were the lower profile fittings. 3 weeks later finally got ahold of a couple of 20mm rotating 90's in the right i/o diameter. I love my mITX, but ACK! Can't believe I missed that particular measurement.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
In my entire 18 years PC career I faced 2 strange and very irretating Windows issues that I was not able to resolve.

The first one was the number 6 key being pressed every few seconds, every text I tried to type had a bunch of 6s between the letters, while in desktop I always hear that bip when you press a letter key with, and no it is not a keyboard issue and not a virus, and at the end of the day it forced me to reinstall Windows in order to get rid of it.

The 2nd issue actually started to happen a month ago when Rockstar Launcher out of nowhere decided to stop working display this error message "Failed To Connect To The Rockstar Games Library Service" and to this day I was not able to find a fix.

JunkSniperJoe

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
So on my first "unofficial" build, I didn't exactly know how much thermal paste was "enough". About a day later, the pc would occasionally not boot. Turns out thermal paste leaked everywhere around the socket. I tried to fix this by removing the cpu and cleaning the socket with isopropyl alcohol, but when I removed the cooler, the cpu went with it. Some pins did not...

TRENDING THREADS