[SOLVED] What 12th generation CPU would be better for Adoby photo or video editing?

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey there

I want to build new computer to use it for photo and video editing for fun. I am just learning Adobe. I am wondering if I should go with I9 or i7? Looks like i7 has faster P cores. Would Adoby Premier utilize all 16 cores to render a video? The difference is $200, this would not help me much with better graphics card, which is important- wanted to see if Asus comes up with those arty cards they had for previous generations and they are pricey- I dont need to spend more than what I should. But in a long term- what would make me feel more proud? Thank you.

Solution
P cores are the same the difference is how much power they can get at default, rendering a video should use all cores but it also depends on the codec used.

Basically you have to wait for actual benchmarks to see how much more performance you will get out of an i9 or ddr5 or whatever else to make an informed decision.
P cores are the same the difference is how much power they can get at default, rendering a video should use all cores but it also depends on the codec used.

Basically you have to wait for actual benchmarks to see how much more performance you will get out of an i9 or ddr5 or whatever else to make an informed decision.

Solution

Astralv

Distinguished

Thank you. I usually just use I7 CPUs, but this time I went on and preordered I9. Just to see if it feels any better.

Astralv

Distinguished
Well if you don't miss the money for something else you can't go wrong with going bigger.
Oh, believe me, it hurts! I may be looking at a processor box because I can't afford other parts. lol. It only 200$ difference, but now I looked at Motherboards, and I have experience only with Asus, and they crazy expansive! I started thread in Motherboards forum, but I need Thunderbolt, and $600 is nuts, especially if I am not a gamer. But I was worrying about I9 base clock being only 3.2. Asus has built in overclocking with their motherboards and "usually" it works, but sometime you have no choice but revert to base clock due to errors and other issues, and if Adobe will run on one core, then I am wasting all this technology. Adobe is actually very crappy software. It always has issues with everything.