Question What 1TB SSD Should I Buy to Upgrade from 256GB

May 28, 2019
I own a Dell 9370 and will be upgrading storage from 256GB to 1TB (once I remove a back panel torx screw that I managed to strip). As I understand it the 9370 has a controller that limits read/write speeds to 1800 so regardless of how fast my storage is that won't be improved. Prior this limitation discovery (thank you Reddit) I was planning on purchasing a Samsung Evo 970 Pro but now the only reason I would buy such a high end product would be durability. I usually keep a laptop for 3-4 years before being overwhelmed with temptation and buy the latest model. I am retired and spend a large amount of time on the PC changing settings, registry values, adding utilities and doing clean installs when I screw things up. Also I download roughly 6 or 7 GB of vdos/books per day, watch vdos on PC, email, attempting to learn Windows details as well as general science on the web and playing simple games (9370 was not made for gaming).
My question is: do I need to worry about SSD durability when choosing a 1TB model, M.2 (2280) LPDDR4 PCIe NVMe Gen 3? The EVO 970 has an over the top (for my needs I believe) TBW durability of 600TB. Any rule of thumb for a lesser approximate durability factor to apply and/or suggestions for a slower (but more than the 1800 limit) less durable storage stick will be appreciated.