[SOLVED] What 5600 xt should I buy?

Solution
Buy the Sapphire Pulse. We know for certain it can handle the updated Vbios and is an over engineered card for the 5600 XT series. You can watch gamers nexus' review of that card on YouTube. Steve details how the card is plenty capable of handling the Vbios, and it has a Vbois switch so it will be a lot harder to brick the card if you do need to update it yourself.
I heard that some 5600 xt have been updated to be faster. Which 5600 XT should I buy?
I will wait until you could find models with boost clock of 1,750MHz with vBIOS applied by manufacturer.
None of the models listed online show boost clocks above 1,640MHz,
Manufacturers like ASRock, Gigabyte, XFX, etc have BIOS updates online to unlock the 1,750MHz boost clock.
You will have to re-install the drivers after the vBIOS update.

Last edited:

hutchl

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
Buy the Sapphire Pulse. We know for certain it can handle the updated Vbios and is an over engineered card for the 5600 XT series. You can watch gamers nexus' review of that card on YouTube. Steve details how the card is plenty capable of handling the Vbios, and it has a Vbois switch so it will be a lot harder to brick the card if you do need to update it yourself.

Last edited:
Solution

shanyin37

Honorable
May 23, 2017
My Sapphire Pulse 5600 XT came in just now. I do not have 3 sets of numbers I have 2 numbers so I'm not sure if I need the VBIOS update. But I am only getting around 70 fps in Division 2 on ultra so I am guessing I need the update. So that's my question.

Numbers are:

PN 299-5E411-002SA

SKU#112960120G