[SOLVED] What 700$ system should I buy?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
If you get a B450 now, what would be the purpose of upgrading to a B550 in the future? Unless you upgrade to a Zen3 CPU once released.

You could go with an X570 board now but is the extra $100 worth it? The X570 gets you the USB 3.2 port and the extra m.2 slot with PCI-E 4.0 support. Unless you use the fastest external USB drive on the market the 3.2 isn't a big deal. And PCI-E 4.0 m.2 SSDs are not common either. You're just going to install windows 10, some games, and have fun. You wouldn't notice the difference of a B550 or X570. I would wait till another generation or 2 of CPUs is release in 3 years then upgrade, but until then you'll have a nice machine.

gondo

Distinguished
If you get a B450 now, what would be the purpose of upgrading to a B550 in the future? Unless you upgrade to a Zen3 CPU once released.

You could go with an X570 board now but is the extra $100 worth it? The X570 gets you the USB 3.2 port and the extra m.2 slot with PCI-E 4.0 support. Unless you use the fastest external USB drive on the market the 3.2 isn't a big deal. And PCI-E 4.0 m.2 SSDs are not common either. You're just going to install windows 10, some games, and have fun. You wouldn't notice the difference of a B550 or X570. I would wait till another generation or 2 of CPUs is release in 3 years then upgrade, but until then you'll have a nice machine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS