Question What 7600 benchmarks can I do with just the integrated GPU?

Minutoh

Prominent
Dec 31, 2022
This is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CfHsGL

I need to return my GPU by March 6th before the return window expires; I'm getting artifacting issues after a month, so I don't want to deal with XFX anymore. My return window for my CPU expires on March 11th, so I want to do as many CPU benchmarks that require a real GPU as I can before I return my GPU. I can hopefully run the rest with just my iGPU.

Which CPU benchmarks would actually work without a GPU though? I tried to open Ashes of the Singularity Escalation after disabling my 6950XT driver and only keeping my Radeon Graphics driver, and the game wouldn't even launch. I'd imagine I won't be able to play most games with an integrated GPU, and my FPSes would probably be lower anyway without a discrete GPU. Would most benchmarks work with just an integrated GPU like Cinebench R23, Adobe Premiere, or do some of them need a real GPU like Blender or something? Would games work too with an iGPU?

I've been having issues with high temps, so I can hopefully test that after reapplying thermal paste by just running at idle and with a CPU-intensive taks. Would this be any different from testing with a GPU since the GPU won't be heating up the PC case as much?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Which CPU benchmarks would actually work without a GPU though?

Any that are only CPU benches. E.g CinebenchR, Aida64, Prime95.

I tried to open Ashes of the Singularity Escalation after disabling my 6950XT driver and only keeping my Radeon Graphics driver, and the game wouldn't even launch.

Well, yeah, you can't use in-game benchmarks when your iGPU is way below the specs for that game. This also includes GTAV, Tomb Raider and other in-game benches there are.

In-game benches are to test your system as a whole, showing how well your system is capable of running that specific game.

Would games work too with an iGPU?

Those games work that your iGPU is capable of running. Some small casual/indie games.

I've been having issues with high temps, so I can hopefully test that after reapplying thermal paste by just running at idle and with a CPU-intensive taks. Would this be any different from testing with a GPU since the GPU won't be heating up the PC case as much?

Using iGPU means that CPU is running hotter since iGPU is inside the CPU. Does this offset the dedicated GPU heat output, which otherwise heats up the innards of PC case - unknown.

Reactions: KyaraM

Minutoh

Prominent
Dec 31, 2022
Any that are only CPU benches. E.g CinebenchR, Aida64, Prime95.

That makes sense. I'll focus on all those later. I'm not sure which ones are CPU only other than those though. I guess stuff like Blender probably isn't since that's rendering, even for the CPU focused part.

Well, yeah, you can't use in-game benchmarks when your iGPU is way below the specs for that game. This also includes GTAV, Tomb Raider and other in-game benches there are.

In-game benches are to test your system as a whole, showing how well your system is capable of running that specific game.

Those games work that your iGPU is capable of running. Some small casual/indie games.

That makes sense too. Games will definitely be the top priority then.

[QUOTE}
Using iGPU means that CPU is running hotter since iGPU is inside the CPU. Does this offset the dedicated GPU heat output, which otherwise heats up the innards of PC case - unknown.
[/QUOTE]

Ah okay that makes sense. So I suppose they're pretty similar in the end since it's hard to say. Thanks!

Reactions: Aeacus