What a difference!

I was playing around with some of the settings in FS9 (after reading the
A36 manual) and decided to see what would happen if I turned off the
anti-aliasing.

WOW!!
What an increase in FPS!!
I've maxed all the sliders, locked FPS at 40 and it just goes right up to
39.8 inside the cockpit and a nice 28.1 outside.

Why haven't I done that before??

--

Marcel
(Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)

dallas

"Marcel Kuijper"
> Why haven't I done that before??

Because you don't like jaggies? :)

FSNav suffers greatly when Auntie Alice is on, the redraws of the map go
from instantaneous to a long, painful 30 seconds.

Congrats on your new toy the A36... I flew mine IFR last night in Hawaii,
rare nasty weather... it's a nicely done aircraft.

Dalli

"Marcel Kuijper" wrote:

> I was playing around with some of the settings in FS9 (after reading the
> A36 manual) and decided to see what would happen if I turned off the
> anti-aliasing.
>
> WOW!!
> What an increase in FPS!!

That's new to you? :))

Is it even new to you, that the windows driver antialisaing is more useful?

> I've maxed all the sliders, locked FPS at 40 and it just goes right up to
> 39.8 inside the cockpit and a nice 28.1 outside.
>
> Why haven't I done that before??

Cause it looks so incedible ugly without FSAA? I would sell FS9, if i could
not play it with FSAA.

Cheers,
Jan

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:58:07 -0600, CRaSH wrote:

> Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>>
>> Why haven't I done that before??
>

> ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿

Are you "Down Under" or hanging from the chandelier again?

--

Marcel
(There's no such thing as a natural-born pilot. - Chuck Yeager)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:00:22 +0200, Jan Berg wrote:

> "Marcel Kuijper" wrote:
>
>> I was playing around with some of the settings in FS9 (after reading the
>> A36 manual) and decided to see what would happen if I turned off the
>> anti-aliasing.
>>
>> WOW!!
>> What an increase in FPS!!
>
> That's new to you? :))

Well...yeah!
I always figured it was there for a reason. I didn't know my gfx-card would
have that on too...and kinda clash with FSAA.

> Is it even new to you, that the windows driver antialisaing is more useful?

It is since today. :)
I tried accessing the NVidia tab via my desktop, but that keeps on crashing
for some reason. I guess it's on by default anyway.

>> Why haven't I done that before??
>
> Cause it looks so incedible ugly without FSAA? I would sell FS9, if i could
> not play it with FSAA.

If you say so, Jan.
To tell you the truth....I have no idea what it does. I have noticed some
weirdness in the horizon views from within the cockpit. Almost like I'm on
some sixties psychedelic acid-trip or something....

"Everything seems so fuzzy, man....far out man, you know?" ;-)

--

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:50:27 +0200, Jan Berg wrote:

> "Marcel Kuijper" wrote:
>
>> To tell you the truth....I have no idea what it does.
>
> It reduces the jaggies.
>
> http://mitglied.lycos.de/utstoni/aaex.jpg

Good explanation. Thanks, Jan.

--

Marcel
(Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:41:46 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> Congrats on your new toy the A36... I flew mine IFR last night in Hawaii,
> rare nasty weather... it's a nicely done aircraft.

Well I downloaded it...I haven't found the time to install it yet.
I've been too busy listening to the conversations on the VATSIM network.

I've dug up my Jeppesen cd and practising using maps again.
I've put my RTW-trip on hold for now so I can put some more time into low
altitude navigation and IFR flights. And I'm also listening a lot closer to
the ATC. And let's not forget adjusting the altimeter manually instead of
pressing B. All this so I'll be ready when I go online flying.

--

Marcel
(...travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

dallas

"Marcel Kuijper"
> I've been too busy listening to the conversations on the VATSIM network.

Yeah, the universal appreciation of the new Squawk Box 3.0 will encourage me
to do the same.

Dallas

Bob

Dallas wrote:

> "Marcel Kuijper"
>
>>I've been too busy listening to the conversations on the VATSIM network.
>

> Yeah, the universal appreciation of the new Squawk Box 3.0 will encourage me
> to do the same.
>
> Dallas

As soon as I can I'll be flying the Livewire S-76 out of DFW. Only
problem is the flights are all under 1 hour. Hoping to get some longer
routes but realize the fixed wing are better suited for longer hauls.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:00:22 +0200, "Jan Berg" <jan@epost.de> wrote:

>"Marcel Kuijper" wrote:
>
>> I was playing around with some of the settings in FS9 (after reading the
>> A36 manual) and decided to see what would happen if I turned off the
>> anti-aliasing.
>>
>> WOW!!
>> What an increase in FPS!!
>
>That's new to you? :))
>
>Is it even new to you, that the windows driver antialisaing is more useful?
>
>> I've maxed all the sliders, locked FPS at 40 and it just goes right up to
>> 39.8 inside the cockpit and a nice 28.1 outside.
>>
>> Why haven't I done that before??
>
>Cause it looks so incedible ugly without FSAA? I would sell FS9, if i could
>not play it with FSAA.
>
>Cheers,
>Jan

Well..I just started playing around with Eaglesoft's Citation X..
and it will make you turn off AA:) This aircraft needs some serious
horsepower...but with AA off..works very well...man what an
aircraft!!Anyone else flown this?Well worth the money!

Still one of my favorites. Don't forget there are 4 versions. Though I always fly the one with all the eye candy :) I
made a checklist for your kneeboard if you want one also. It's on the flightsim page of my website. Let me know if it
needs any changes or corrections.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Douglas Crowe" <out@sea.com> wrote in message news:gtph419ufeia1bun4o4hnr65pqqqakg1ki@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:00:22 +0200, "Jan Berg" <jan@epost.de> wrote:
>
>>"Marcel Kuijper" wrote:
>>
>>> I was playing around with some of the settings in FS9 (after reading the
>>> A36 manual) and decided to see what would happen if I turned off the
>>> anti-aliasing.
>>>
>>> WOW!!
>>> What an increase in FPS!!
>>
>>That's new to you? :))
>>
>>Is it even new to you, that the windows driver antialisaing is more useful?
>>
>>> I've maxed all the sliders, locked FPS at 40 and it just goes right up to
>>> 39.8 inside the cockpit and a nice 28.1 outside.
>>>
>>> Why haven't I done that before??
>>
>>Cause it looks so incedible ugly without FSAA? I would sell FS9, if i could
>>not play it with FSAA.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Jan
>>

> Well..I just started playing around with Eaglesoft's Citation X..
> and it will make you turn off AA:) This aircraft needs some serious
> horsepower...but with AA off..works very well...man what an
> aircraft!!Anyone else flown this?Well worth the money!

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 05:40:21 GMT, "Carl Frisk"
<c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote:

>Still one of my favorites. Don't forget there are 4 versions. Though I always fly the one with all the eye candy :) I
>made a checklist for your kneeboard if you want one also. It's on the flightsim page of my website. Let me know if it
>needs any changes or corrections.

Hey thanks Carl...I downloaded it...will look at it tonight.Should
come in real handy.The one thing I love also about these Cessna
aircraft from Eaglesoft..is how smooth they feel when taxiing,and
during take off..you can almost feel the smoothness,especially in
the Citation X and CJ1.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:29:30 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> "Marcel Kuijper"
>> I've been too busy listening to the conversations on the VATSIM network.
>
> Yeah, the universal appreciation of the new Squawk Box 3.0 will encourage me
> to do the same.

I never dreamed it would work that well, especially after all the trouble I
had with SB2.3 and all the necessary additional software.
All those programs starting up at the same time, Win 98 running and the sim
barely running well. Everything froze up....every time.

Now we have FS9, XP and SB2.3 on a slightly more powered pc with a DSL
connection. Smoother than the tequila flowing down your throat! <g>