what a relly my speed ??

hen770

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
hi
subject: article with header : "Overclocking Guide Part 1: Risks, Choices and Benefits " in TAB "memory overclocking"

i'm read you article and we're i bump into this quoted " Choosing the "533 MHz" memory setting and overclocking the CPU to 333 MHz bus clock (FSB1333) will cause the memory to run at DDR2-667, even though BIOS usually still says "533 MHz". "

i thought about my computer ( DELL INSPIRON T7200 2.0G [667MHz] , 2G-RAM 533MHz ) just that if my clock generator (CPU,FSB) run on 166MHz this mean that my RAM memory run only on 166 instead 266 ??? is it could be possible?!
what i need to do in order to that my memory run on the original speed (266MHz) ??

is mean that if i was buy memory with 667MHz i was will not to use with this speed, but with 166MHz ?

thank you .
good article, just order some thing in my head .

G

Are you sure it's not the CPU bus?
166mhz quad pumped = 667mhz

Mondoman

Splendid
Download the free software PC Wizard 2006. It will give you lots of info. Be careful to look under the "Chipset" section for *actual* memory speed, since the "Memory" section only reports the settings programmed into the SPDs of the RAM, *not* the actual speed they are running at.