What about game designer

Himanshu Panchal

Honorable
May 5, 2017
Sir,
I am a student and want to become a game designer but i always saw that any paid game is easily available free on internet even new GTA 5 also available for free. That means if i become a game designer i will always be in loss. Please clear my doubt related to game designer

Solution
Are you talking about sites offering pirated versions of a game? I wouldn't worry too much about it:
-- there will always be those looking for a way to cheat the system
-- there will always be those naive enough to believe that that "free" copy is a) actually a 'free' copy of the game, b) will actually grant them access to the developer's in-house app/defeat the "constant Internet connection" requirement, & c) that the "free" copy somehow isn't riddled with viruses & malware.

That's why more & more developer companies have gone to that "multiplayer is only allowed on our hosted servers", "single-player 'campaign' mode still requires a constant, always-on connection to the Internet", or "playing the game means installing & launching...

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador
Are you talking about sites offering pirated versions of a game? I wouldn't worry too much about it:
-- there will always be those looking for a way to cheat the system
-- there will always be those naive enough to believe that that "free" copy is a) actually a 'free' copy of the game, b) will actually grant them access to the developer's in-house app/defeat the "constant Internet connection" requirement, & c) that the "free" copy somehow isn't riddled with viruses & malware.

That's why more & more developer companies have gone to that "multiplayer is only allowed on our hosted servers", "single-player 'campaign' mode still requires a constant, always-on connection to the Internet", or "playing the game means installing & launching our in-house application, which we only make available if you purchase the game from us or a licensed source in the first place" mindset. It may not 100% eliminate piracy, but I think they're much better solutions than the older DRM-based solutions they used to use.

Solution

Himanshu Panchal

Honorable
May 5, 2017
i don't know coding and programming so that means it is very difficult to learn game designing or i can learn it and what are the things i have to know to become game designer and how long it will take to learn all that stuff