[SOLVED] What adapter will work for 144hz DP to DVI?

Kgrove0172

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
Hello, I just purchased a new GPU. I have an ACER GN246HL 144hz monitor. This new gpu doesnt support dvi it has 1 hdmi and 2 Display port connections. I purchased a DVI to DP adapter and my monitor is now showing its only capable of 74 hz. What connection do I need to use for my monitor to reach 144hz?

Solution
What is the new GPU?

You cannot use HDMI. The previous poster is apparently unaware of one of the biggest downfalls of this particular monitor: it does not support more than 60 Hz over HDMI. This popular budget monitor is so infamous for this that we have that information in a sticky.

The sticky has more information about this specific monitor. To summarize quickly, the only way to get to 144 Hz involves dual-link DVI. Since your GPU does not have a DVI port, you have to use an active DP-to-DL DVI adapter.

The link has all the details you need, though it may be tricky.

DSzymborski

Titan
What is the new GPU?

You cannot use HDMI. The previous poster is apparently unaware of one of the biggest downfalls of this particular monitor: it does not support more than 60 Hz over HDMI. This popular budget monitor is so infamous for this that we have that information in a sticky.

The sticky has more information about this specific monitor. To summarize quickly, the only way to get to 144 Hz involves dual-link DVI. Since your GPU does not have a DVI port, you have to use an active DP-to-DL DVI adapter.

Solution

Kgrove0172

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
What is the new GPU?

The new gpu is a 3080 ti