AdrianVaughan

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2016
HI there, i have bought this list of pc parts and put them together :

sahara p35 case
Tomahawk B350 Board
Dark Rock pro 3 aircooler Cooler
Ryzen 5 1600 CPU

Now in the case i have 3x120mm fans at the front pulling cold air in and 1 fan at the back pushing air out, i also have the option to install 3x 120mm fans on the shroud that covers the psu and the hard drives as seen in this picture :

91ssaSPraLL._SL1500_.jpg

Now i cant install the middle one at the bottom cos of the usb 3.0 cable as it sticks out from the mother board to much , so i installed another 2 , but the problem is they suck hot air out from the bottom and dont pull cold in , i cant change the orientation of the fans as in the middle there is a dome. so after all this info i have 2 questions.

Is it safe for the fans over the psu and the 2 HDD to push the hot air out from the bottom out, and as i have the dark rock pro 3 if i was to change to the max AIO i can which is a 280mm say the NZXT Kraken X62 big or go home am i going to see a change in temps as at the moment i run a max playing 7 Days To Die at 55oC on the CPU and my GPU which is a EVGA 1070 at 67oC

Any and all info is very much welcome
And thanks.

Solution
You can use bottom intakes on a case but this is inefficient. At best it will draw heat generated from the bottom chamber (hdd and psu) but will spew it into the rest of your components. Intakes are meant to get cool air from outside, this is more for aesthetic purposes and maybe assist with circulation.
Unless you have a "hot" cpu such as an overclocked 8700k then I wouldn't recommend an AIO unless you desperately want one for aesthetic purposes. A lot more points of possible failure and it really won't make much, if any, difference with a 1600 compared to a quality air cooler. I'm struggling to comprehend as to why they have put fan mounts on the psu cover if there is no bottom intake-I'm guessing it is to help reduce some of the heat from the bottom chamber but it seems overkill and obsolete. I personally wouldn't use them as I can't see the point and also unless the fans are running at really low rpms you will have additional noise being generated.

I second the opinion of not getting an AIO cooler.
Most, if not all, AIOs are going to perform about the same as your air cooler while producing more noise in the process.
Even if you saw lower temps, it would be marginal at best, and would not impact performance.

Im sure you could find a better use for the money.

You can use bottom intakes on a case but this is inefficient. At best it will draw heat generated from the bottom chamber (hdd and psu) but will spew it into the rest of your components. Intakes are meant to get cool air from outside, this is more for aesthetic purposes and maybe assist with circulation.

Solution