Reputable
Feb 13, 2018
My system:
Intel i-7-8700k CPU
G-skill 3600mhz 2x16gb (32gb total)
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Corsair Force MP510 M.2 2280 1tb
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming mobo

Everything works great with this setup. However, I wanted to upgrade my ram to 64gb (bought identical g-skill 3600 2x16gb sticks of ram) and my storage with a Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB and from what I've researched the M.2 should be compatible but I cannot get the m.2 ssd or the extra 16gb ram to work. I have been researching the net / my mobo manual for 3 days and cannot get either to work through the bios. I updated my bios , etc. IF anyone owns this mobo please please help me set it up to work with my new ram / m.2. Thank you!

P.S. I seen forums / youtube videos to where people got the ram to work at lower frequency, but I haven't tried messing with the ram again (took it out trying to mess with the M.2).

My system:
Intel i-7-8700k CPU
G-skill 3600mhz 2x16gb (32gb total)
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Corsair Force MP510 M.2 2280 1tb
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming mobo

Everything works great with this setup. However, I wanted to upgrade my ram to 64gb (bought identical g-skill 3600 2x16gb sticks of ram) and my storage with a Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB and from what I've researched the M.2 should be compatible but I cannot get the m.2 ssd or the extra 16gb ram to work. I have been researching the net / my mobo manual for 3 days and cannot get either to work through the bios. I updated my bios , etc. IF anyone owns this mobo please please help me set it up to work with my new ram / m.2. Thank you!

P.S. I seen forums / youtube videos to where people got the ram to work at lower frequency, but I haven't tried messing with the ram again (took it out trying to mess with the M.2).
The force mp600 is gen 4 and not supported on a z390 chipset. Only AMD x570 chipsets currently have PCIE gen 4 capability. Return the drive for another mp510.

The Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB is backward compatible with PCIe Gen3 Platforms: Intel® 100, 200, 300, X99, X299 Chipsets, AMD Socket AM4 Platform, X399. That drive is usually used as a boot drive. I'm not sure what your trying to do, but you may be lacking the NVMe driver in your current installation.

The memory combination you have chosen has no guarantee to be compatible together, however that is what you chose to use. Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together.

The Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB is backward compatible with PCIe Gen3 Platforms: Intel® 100, 200, 300, X99, X299 Chipsets, AMD Socket AM4 Platform, X399. That drive is usually used as a boot drive. I'm not sure what your trying to do, but you may be lacking the NVMe driver in your current installation.

The memory combination you have chosen has no guarantee to be compatible together, however that is what you chose to use. Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together.
It looks like it is backwards compatible, however it won’t work any faster than a PCIE 3.0 drive that is a lot less in cost. It also appears to be a pain in the butt to get it to work.