[SOLVED] What ''Amp'' or sound system or whatever would I need for my DT 770 PRO's ?(do i need one)

Maj14

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
So I got brand new DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm headphones coming from Corsair void pro wireless ones...The problem is I think they are too quiet,for example when I played a game on corsair ones I had the volume on around 30 and on these I have to have it at around 60...I read 80 Ohm are much more powerful and also louder so that's why I'm questioning myself if I need an amplifier or something...

Solution
So I got brand new DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm headphones coming from Corsair void pro wireless ones...The problem is I think they are too quiet,for example when I played a game on corsair ones I had the volume on around 30 and on these I have to have it at around 60...I read 80 Ohm are much more powerful and also louder so that's why I'm questioning myself if I need an amplifier or something...
80ohm headphones are not usually louder. They are quieter, because the impedance (80ohms) restricts the flow of energy through them.
A volume setting of 60 vs 30 doesn't concern me. If the headphones sound good with that setting I would say go for it. If not, then you could look at getting a headphone amp --...

kanewolf

Titan
80ohm headphones are not usually louder. They are quieter, because the impedance (80ohms) restricts the flow of energy through them.
A volume setting of 60 vs 30 doesn't concern me. If the headphones sound good with that setting I would say go for it. If not, then you could look at getting a headphone amp -- https://www.themasterswitch.com/best-headphone-amps
Shopping link -- https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-1?Model=459&AC Adapter=463&

Reactions: Maj14
Solution