Question what appears to be down scaling on my RTX 2080

Dec 4, 2018
My Build:
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-A LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU: Intel OEM Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo)
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING OC WHITE 8G Graphics Card, 3 x WINDFORCE Fans, 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)
PSU: CORSAIR CX-M Series CX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Semi-Modular Power Supply
Storage: x2 SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 1TB SATA III V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive

Ive been having a strange issue with what appears to be down scaling res. A few examples would be Battlefield 5 at 2k res ultra everything looks like it is stuck at a res lower then 1080. The game sort of looks like playdough to be honest. Apex legends has random res drops during gameplay. where the res seems to drop then magically pops back to where its suppose to be. FF15 seems to have issues with this as well where sometimes ill boot the game and itll be in 2k with lots of lag or boot in a lower res with minimal lag. I cant seem to identify whats causing this issue and im at a loss for what could be going on, my only idea is that either the card is bad or my power supply needs to be upgraded. I would also like to note that this rig is only 4 months old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then check to see that you've uninstalled the GPU drivers using DDU and then reinstall latest drivers off of Nvidia's support site. If you've done the latter, please excuse me since you didn't mention that in your thread. You might also want to mention which version of your OS you're currently on.