Question what are in order of importance the specifications of a CPU that matter most in light PC use? (office, meetings, Google)?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 18, 2022
hello, I should buy a laptop for a friend of mine, and I wanted to know if it is true that in such uses (absolutely not heavy) the architecture, the IPC and all the rest of the CPU counts more than the frequency and very large numbers of core.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
What do you think, I don't know if 15.6" is already starting to become a little bulky for a laptop that must be comfortable.

This is actually personal preference and can't be told by others.

I know folks who won't use anything smaller than 17" screen on a laptop.

I, in the other hand, am different. Laptop, to me, has only one benefit: being portable. And thus, needs to be small enough to be easily carried along. Due to that, my laptop has 7" screen. A small and cute Asus Eee PC 701, running Lubuntu (specs). :sol:

Reactions: Filll999-
Nov 18, 2022
This is actually personal preference and can't be told by others.

I know folks who won't use anything smaller than 17" screen on a laptop.

I, in the other hand, am different. Laptop, to me, has only one benefit: being portable. And thus, needs to be small enough to be easily carried along. Due to that, my laptop has 7" screen. A small and cute Asus Eee PC 701, running Lubuntu (specs). :sol:
I agree, also because I already have a 34" on the desk on which I program. If I have to stay there, I wouldn't use the laptop, but the pc desktop.

Emoji_Thumbs_up_001.png