what are is the list of btx form factor motherboards?

Nov 29, 2018
What other BTX form factors are there? I have an XPS 420 that died. It started not booting I removed connections to hard drives and tried testing ram sticks, they all newer than the motherboard and CPU by about six years, the PSU is five years newer.
I need to create a unit to be able to run graphic design software in 1600 dpi or creation of artwork that is 6 feet by 4 feet in size for reproduction.

If not my current XPS 420, what motherboard, and i7 quadcore should I build?

Solution
as for building a new system for programs that require a lot of CPU power, you can go with thread ripper for super high end.
Or Ryzen 2700x for more wallet friendly action.

What all do you mean by graphic design software?

Please be more specific about what programs you want to use on the system and what you use the programs for specifically.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
as for building a new system for programs that require a lot of CPU power, you can go with thread ripper for super high end.
Or Ryzen 2700x for more wallet friendly action.

Please be more specific about what programs you want to use on the system and what you use the programs for specifically.

Solution
BTX (for Balanced Technology eXtended) is a form factor for motherboards, originally intended to be the replacement for the aging ATX motherboard form factor in late 2004 and early 2005. Future development of BTX retail products by Intel was canceled in September 2006

Initially, only Gateway and Dell offered computers with the new format, later HP and Fujitsu-Siemens (now Fujitsu) also offered some BTX-based computers for several years to around year 2010. Most other manufacturers stayed with the ATX standard. Today BTX is viewed as obsolete with little or nothing using the form factor.

Nov 29, 2018

Nov 29, 2018
well I found out that the BTX can't be upgraded. I want to build a machine that can handle Corel Painter, Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator in real time without having to wait three hours for the computer to save what I just drew. I paint digitally. I also use autodesk 3d studio to build 3d animations. and I program. eventually I will need to be able to design my own graphic universe and design a specific grahic game engine that no oither game has right now, using actual martial arts instead of chinese acrobatics. my build has to be able to handle drawing at 1600x1600 dpi and be able to allow reproduction of paintings eight feet x five feet in size.

Nov 29, 2018

well, I found out that the BTX can't be upgraded. I want to build a machine that can handle Corel Painter, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator in real time without having to wait three hours for the computer to save what I just drew. I paint digitally. I also use Autodesk 3d studio to build 3d animations. and I program. eventually, I will need to be able to design my own graphic universe and design a specific graphics game engine that no other game has right now, using actual martial arts instead of Chinese acrobatics. my build has to be able to handle drawing at 1600x1600 dpi and be able to allow reproduction of paintings six feet x four feet in size.