Question what are most likely symptomps of psu failure or system not getting enough power

aurimasandrisiunas

Honorable
Mar 3, 2018
Hi, so after i changed my mobo since my old one died , i experienced lower fps in games like say ~20-30fps on every game . Well it didnt hurt me that much , now recently i lost over 50fps in every game, now its really annoying. My old Mobo was gigabyte b350m-gaming 3 , new one is Asus TUF B450 -Plus Gaming ( has LED lights) which i assume requires a bit more power? Maybe im wrong . I have googled now over 2 weeks to find whats causing this. And my opinion is my PSU is either failing or somehow my system doesnt receive enough power . Another thing is when i use DP cable on my Nvidia GSYNC monitor, from time to time it keeps going black for a 1sec or 2 then on again and off again , then i have to restart my PC then everything is fine again for a couple or few hours . Now forgot to mention when the monitor goes black and then ON again it appears with dots on the screen . Now this is only happens with DP cable, when i use HDMI i never get that issue. I have read that symptomps of failing PSU or system not receiving enough Power cause like lower FPS in games, and if ur gpu not getting enough power it might force to turn off the monitor. This is only what i have read. So i believe my PSU is failing to keep up or its just dying ? I dont have Multi-Meter to test it out sadly.. :( My SPECS are :

Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.9Ghz OC
GTX 1660 Super 6GB
Asus TUF B450 - Plus Gaming
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB @ 3200mhz
Corsair CX550M Psu
1TB HDD
240GB SSD

aurimasandrisiunas

Honorable
Mar 3, 2018
want to update here quick, i turned off my pc to make sure all cables are well seated into the PSU. And what i realised at the back of my PSU to my looks like something is melted, looks like a white plastic . I dont even want to use my PC anymore, i dont think it came that why i cannot remember but to my basicly it looks like something melted there.....

want to update here quick, i turned off my pc to make sure all cables are well seated into the PSU. And what i realised at the back of my PSU to my looks like something is melted, looks like a white plastic . I dont even want to use my PC anymore, i dont think it came that why i cannot remember but to my basicly it looks like something melted there.....

Picture?

Are you sure it's not just the caulk used inside the PSU?

in_top2.jpg

TRENDING THREADS