Question What are my options?

Jan 30, 2020
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hLrfFG

I made the mistake of already ordering the PSU before I knew this issue it states "The MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair CXM 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

As I am running a 'large video card' in the RTX 2080ti, what are my options? Should I buy a new PSU and send the CXM 750 back? Or, will it be able to run as is with the parts listed.

Jan 30, 2020
If you're planning to heavily OC both the card and the CPU, I'd get a different PSU. But to be honest, I've never seen the need for more than a single 8-pin (150W) connector.
I have no intentions on OCing either at this time. I'll take your word on this one, and just hope I don't blow the PSU in the first hour. Then in the future if I decide to OC I'll remember I need a new PSU.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I have no intentions on OCing either at this time. I'll take your word on this one, and just hope I don't blow the PSU in the first hour. Then in the future if I decide to OC I'll remember I need a new PSU.
You won't damage the PSU. At worse, you'll have lessened MB performance. But if no heavy OC'ing is involved, you won't even have that problem.

Reactions: bobthebreaker