Question What are my priorities based on what I want to upgrade?

Rui_Cardona_1

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
Hello everyone I've been thinking in upgrading 3 parts of my computer... These are the GPU, RAM and the fans.

Here's the thing, my current GPU is a GTX 1060 3Gb and I was thinking in buying the newer RTX 2060 6GB. Then for RAM I have 8Gb of DDR4 at 2133Mhz and I was thinking in going for 16Gb at 2400Mhz... And finally for the fans I looked up at the cooler master silencio fans which are perfect for my situation, (my current ones run at 100% all the time and I have no way to connect them to my mobo sinse the pins are proprietary of Cooler Master and won't fit in the 4Pin connectors on the mobo) and yes noise is a big factor for me.

Prices go like this (after local taxes): - GPU: 356€
- RAM: ~70€
- 3 Silencio's: ~29€

I currently have a budget of 400€ so I really don't know what I should buy. Should I wait for Navi? Is the RTX 2060 good enough for the price? Is my current RAM good enough?

All help appreciated, thanks!

InvalidError

Titan
Navi pricing is a bit disappointing since it is an almost exact match for Nvidia's price-performance minus raytracing support. Also, Nvidia is expected to launch the "Super" RTX refresh next month and nudge existing models' prices down, which should mean price drops all around if you can wait about two more months.

Personally, I'd go with 16GB of RAM first since 8GB is borderline in most newer games. Check prices on 2666-3200MT/s RAM, it is sometimes cheaper than slower RAM and should still work fine on CPUs with lower memory speed support limit, albeit at the lower maximum supported speed.

Rui_Cardona_1

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
Navi pricing is a bit disappointing since it is an almost exact match for Nvidia's price-performance minus raytracing support. Also, Nvidia is expected to launch the "Super" RTX refresh next month and nudge existing models' prices down, which should mean price drops all around if you can wait about two more months.

Personally, I'd go with 16GB of RAM first since 8GB is borderline in most newer games. Check prices on 2666-3200MT/s RAM, it is sometimes cheaper than slower RAM and should still work fine on CPUs with lower memory speed support limit, albeit at the lower maximum supported speed.
Yeah you're right, I've decided to stop being lazy and researched a bit and came to the same conclusion as you
For the RAM's I'll be going for 2400Mhz sinse my mobo is a H270 therefore it can't go higher than 2400, tell me is roughly 70€ a good value for 16Gb?

Thanks for your comment!