What are my rights here?

deliwalaaniket123

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
my MSI GTX 750 Ti 2GB OC edition got issues so i gave it for repairs, it was purchased on april 2016 for r.s. 13,800, but the comapny says its not repairable hence will issue me a CN(credit note) letter. when i recieved that letter, they told me i will only get 4k r.s. upon asking why so they told me due to depreciation. i wanna know that do i have to bare the loss while my GPU is still under warranty?

PS. bought from india and the company thats doing 3rd party work for MSI is also in india. i forgot to mention that my credit note says $0.00.

Update: i checked MSI official site to see if my card had standard warranty or limited warranty, it has standard warranty for 3 yrs.

Solution
Tell them you do not accept the refund offer, and ask for the card to be returned to you.

What has happened in the past, a dodgy repair company will say an item is not repairable and offer a tiny refund; then repair the item and sell it for a profit.

I have even had franchised car dealers try this one on me.
well that would depends on the store/manufacturer you bought from, hard for me to be more specific because I am in the USA and our rules and laws control the "warranties" and should be listed in their documents with the device manual , they usually list the details of what they can/will do.

good luck, this is a super sucky situation...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Contact MSI. Your card is under 2x warranty, vendor and manufacturer. If the card is defective, it's defective and not up to the vendor to repair, only replace. You should be given the option, refund at market value or replacement, they shouldn't be able to just throw out a number and call it depreciation. Get anything you can in writing.

MSI will most likely issue an RMA if the card has been claimed as non-repairable and will most likely send you a new/refurbished card as long as it's a card defect, not something caused by user abuse, such as overclocking, psu faults, or other non-manufacturing issues.

deliwalaaniket123

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
yes they issued me RMA as it was not repairable but only giving me 4k Rupees which is way less as i purchased it for 13,800 Rupees and upon calling the head manager, he said me to first accept the RMA and mail him that i do not accept 4k CN but today i did and he replied that nothing can be done. idk if i can open a case on him as its been 28 days as of today yet i am not getting proper reply. btw i cannot contact directly to MSI as i didnt see an Email id also the company where i gave my card to get repairs is the only company in india which looks after MSI after sales services, its name is Acro Engineering Company.

4745454b

Titan
You are talking about a card that is over 2yr old. If it was bought April 2016, then it's over 2yo by now. Even in the USA it you can find cards with 2yr or less warranty. Here is a random one I just picked.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202312

That you can get anything might be good. I'm not sure what warranty you had when you bought it, or what Indian rights are. They are giving you something so you probably have a limited 3yr warranty but I'm only guessing. Finding an Indian help site might help you more.

deliwalaaniket123

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
well in india ACRO Engineering Company is the MSI Official partner and regernersis ( to whom i submitted my GPU for repairs) looks after repairs in mumbai. ACRO is more like office work based and i even contacted senior heads of both companies but regenersis takes orders from ACRO and the senior at ACRO is not giving me a right solution instead he is the one who told me that i can only demand 4k rupees. on checking his profile over internet i found out that he has done same thing to many other people, idk on global level but i am sure he is scamming me. so as a result of huge loss to me i wanna know my rights and if he cannot help me out then i wanna make a case in consumer forum against him.

deliwalaaniket123

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
well to me as a consumer, my product was having issues so i simply gave it to authorised service centre and my product has 3 yr warranty so i know that they either need to repair it or replace it. for other companies that is the policy

4745454b

Titan
That's why I said limited warranty. It might not be a full replacement kind of warranty. And depreciation might not be straight line either. 50% first year, 30% after year two, 20% for year three. It doesn't have to be 33.3% each year.

deliwalaaniket123

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
so they cant even replace my GPU if its under warranty and they cant repair it?

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Tell them you do not accept the refund offer, and ask for the card to be returned to you.

What has happened in the past, a dodgy repair company will say an item is not repairable and offer a tiny refund; then repair the item and sell it for a profit.

I have even had franchised car dealers try this one on me.

Solution

deliwalaaniket123

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
ok thanks, will ask him that tomorrow cause in india most of service centre including that one where i gave closes at 4:30 but i will also wait for others to answer who might have any suggestions or something