[SOLVED] What are normal temperature for Ryzen 9 5950x

IBeats

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Hi there, just wondering what are normal temps for idle, gaming, benchmark

My Temps:
Idle: 35-47c (Depends on weather)
Gaming: 60-76c (*Sometimes spikes to 83c ish when launching or loading a game)
Cinebench R23: 61c-65c (Score 24202)

Note: POB was disabled during the test and using Ryzen master to monitor temps

Solution

My Temps:

This isn't a new and has been a lot discussed with quite a few references to be found in a web search, not just PC Gamer:

AMD views Ryzen 5000 CPU temperatures up to 95C as ‘typical and by design’ | PC Gamer

That article's written from comments made by Robert Halleck, AMD's Technical Marketing representative.

That said it seems obvious the boost algorithm is...

My Temps:

This isn't a new and has been a lot discussed with quite a few references to be found in a web search, not just PC Gamer:

AMD views Ryzen 5000 CPU temperatures up to 95C as ‘typical and by design’ | PC Gamer

That article's written from comments made by Robert Halleck, AMD's Technical Marketing representative.

That said it seems obvious the boost algorithm is temperature seeking. So superior cooling that makes it able to run with temperatures below 90C (5950X), in low 80's or even 70's, should reward with better performance.

ADDED: unless overclocking for exhibition or competition I'd suggest un-installing RyzenMaster. While very useful for that purpose it's service can actually be a problem for performance in routine use. Instead, get HWInfo 64 for system level monitoring. It's been the most accurate for Ryzen systems and has temperature readings that report similar to RM but have none of the problems it can cause.

Last edited:
Solution