[SOLVED] What Are Quality SSD Brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PabloSanchez

Commendable
Jul 22, 2019
I'm looking to buy a 1 TB (maybe more) SSD for up to around $100. I see a lot of brands that offer 1 TB SSDs for $100 or less, but they are brands I have never heard of, like Team Group, ADATA, Silicon Power, Mushkin etc. And, I was wondering if these brands are reliable. I know Samsung, Crucial, and Patriot offer quality products, but they can be pricey. What are some other brands you find to offer quality and reliable SSDs for a nice price?

Solution
Crucial and Samsung are the big 2 name brands
Patriot and adata are hit or miss.
I'd avoid the others you stated.

For a good 1tb SSD for under $100, look for a Crucial P1, intel 660p for NVME and a Crucial MX500 for sata.
Western digital is now a reliable brand for SSD's too that can be found for a good value and great performance like samsung SSD's. i have recently replaced a 250GB SATA samsung 850 evo with an M.2 nvme western digital black 500GB in my desktop PC

seagate is making them now too but knowing from experience their mechanical drives do not seem to be reliable but their SSD's drives may be differnt

Crucial and Samsung are the big 2 name brands
Patriot and adata are hit or miss.
I'd avoid the others you stated.

For a good 1tb SSD for under $100, look for a Crucial P1, intel 660p for NVME and a Crucial MX500 for sata.

I would say rather Intel and Samsung are the two big names with Crucial being the more value oriented good brand. They have had their own misses. Not as many as some of the much cheaper ones but a few.

I have used ADATA for quiet a while and have had no issues both as a standard SSD and the NVMe series. The ADATA XPG SX8200 NVMe drive which I am currently using has been going strong for near on 18 months with no issues. I have also used Crucial and Western Digital and no doubt Samsung is very good but you do pay a premium...I would not discount the likes of ADATA at all...

Nov 2, 2019
I'm looking to buy a 1 TB (maybe more) SSD for up to around $100. I see a lot of brands that offer 1 TB SSDs for $100 or less, but they are brands I have never heard of, like Team Group, ADATA, Silicon Power, Mushkin etc. And, I was wondering if these brands are reliable. I know Samsung, Crucial, and Patriot offer quality products, but they can be pricey. What are some other brands you find to offer quality and reliable SSDs for a nice price?

Lexar make good drives my 240gb ssd is running great and was at a great price so have a look around. They do sell 1tb drives but they may be slightly out of your budget of $100 at around $134 converted from GBP

If a new build with an NVME slot, it would be hard to do better than Intel's 660P, which is often slightly lower priced than even Crucial's excellent MX500 in SATA guise, my choice for SATA drives until Samsung ever lowers prices to match. (If someone else is paying, or wants the best NVME drive, the Samsung 970 EVO PLus gets top billing, as I don't have any experience yet with the newer PCI-e 4.0 drives, their added expense useful (at full ~5000 MB/sec reads) speed only for X570 boards currently...

Status
Not open for further replies.