Question What are reasonable temps for a Ryzen 7 1800x

Jun 18, 2019
I'm new to the PC world so I get nervous at little things. Recently my CPU temps have started to get a little higher than I normally see which does worry me but other say it shouldn't. Underload my temps are 35-50 and whilst gaming can go from 60-75. When I take the side panel off whilst gaming the temps go all the way back down to the 50s-60s. I'm using the Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler aswell. I would just like to ease this off of me, thanks haha :D

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Agreed with the comments thus far. They're not great temps, but not horrible either.
If removing the side panel drops your temps by a good ~15'C, then you have an airflow issue. Depending on your case, adding intake fans may/may not help.

Equally, if you're ok with a bit more noise, you could increase the fan speed on your CPU cooler too....

Jun 18, 2019
As logain said, add some case fans. 75C for gaming, while fine, is still not great because if you put your CPU under 100% load at all, your temps will spike above dangerous levels.

If adding case fans doesn't work, I'd upgrade the CPU cooler to something a bit beefier like a Dark Rock Pro 4.
Alright thanks both of you for that, when you say underload 100% do you mean 100% cpu usage in task manager? Because it never hits over 60% usage unless I bench/stress it with cpuz. But Ill look at that cooler also thanks.

Jun 18, 2019
Agreed with the comments thus far. They're not great temps, but not horrible either.
If removing the side panel drops your temps by a good ~15'C, then you have an airflow issue. Depending on your case, adding intake fans may/may not help.

Equally, if you're ok with a bit more noise, you could increase the fan speed on your CPU cooler too....
Thanks, I was also thinking of upgrading to a better airflow case but don't wanna be spending to much.