What are some external HDDs that are AC powered?

rpeopler

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
I'm looking for an external hard drive to use for additional storage in my Wii U; however, Nintendo recommends that I get one that is AC powered to minimize strain on the console.

I also want to find an AC powered HDD because a USB powered on would prevent me from using an ethernet cable to provide decent ping/latency. I would prefer a drive that is around 500GB as that would be ample space. However, if none exist then a 1TB AC powered drive would be fine. Thanks!

Solution
For a true AC powered HDD you will need to get a 3.5" drive they are all AC powered. if you are trying to use a 2.5" drive you will have to get on that has two USB plugs one for data and power the other for power then connect the power only plug to a USB extension cord. then plug the USB extension cord into a USB phone power supply.
For a true AC powered HDD you will need to get a 3.5" drive they are all AC powered. if you are trying to use a 2.5" drive you will have to get on that has two USB plugs one for data and power the other for power then connect the power only plug to a USB extension cord. then plug the USB extension cord into a USB phone power supply.

Solution