[SOLVED] What are Some Good Activities or Ideas for my Computer Building Event?

thomas.coyle3

Commendable
Jun 15, 2018
I'm (hopefully) going to be hosting a computer building event this summer in which I will invite people from my school to go to and learn how to build a computer. I have more information [go fundme page link removed, please read the forum rule] for what I plan to do but I was interested on what ideas people had for possible activities or other things I could have there other than just simply building a computer to spice the event up and keep it lively. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
You could try overclocking to the limits in terms of RAM, CPU and GPU. That could be interesting. You could also knowingly get some broken components and see if people can work out what is broken and possibly fix them (things like the oven method for graphics cards, as well as getting broken RAM etc). Also you could randomly set some speakers to max just for fun.
Make sure to have plenty of operating system discs available (maybe Windows 95 all the way to Windows 10), as well as multiple Linux distros, so that people can mess around with all of the OSes. Microsoft offer Windows 7 to 10 as free downloads from their site, while the rest can be downloaded for free on the internet, just be sure to get genuine ones (ie without activation...
You could try overclocking to the limits in terms of RAM, CPU and GPU. That could be interesting. You could also knowingly get some broken components and see if people can work out what is broken and possibly fix them (things like the oven method for graphics cards, as well as getting broken RAM etc). Also you could randomly set some speakers to max just for fun.
Make sure to have plenty of operating system discs available (maybe Windows 95 all the way to Windows 10), as well as multiple Linux distros, so that people can mess around with all of the OSes. Microsoft offer Windows 7 to 10 as free downloads from their site, while the rest can be downloaded for free on the internet, just be sure to get genuine ones (ie without activation cracks) so that they will be safe. Don't worry about activation, they have trial periods that can be used for free.

Solution