[SOLVED] What are some good "Future proof" graphic cards for 1080p gaming?

Apr 19, 2020
So I've been considering an upgrade for my GPU, CPU and Power Supply for a while now, but I need to get an opinion on a GPU for a budget of around $200 to $270 that I'll be buying in about 4-5 months after C-19 blows over. Here are the numbers.

Approximate purchase date : Around August or September, 4-5 months.

Upgraded Computer Specs:
i7-4790
Two 8 Gb DDR3 1600 mhz sticks of ram G5 Gw-Atx550BL (Great Wall) Power Supply

Monitor: 1920 x 1080 60Hz

Usage: Gaming, from indie titles like Kenshi and Cataclysm, dark days ahead to upcoming AAA titles like Cyberpunk 2077.

Current Country : China

alceryes

Distinguished
Nothing is future proof and around $200 to $270 is too low for most cards I would suggest as even 'partially' future proof.

Maybe a used but great condition RTX 2070? Is ray-tracing super important to you? If not, there may be some good deals to be had on something like a Vega 64 or 1080 Ti as well.

It's difficult to tell you which direction to go in since I have no idea what's available to you. Why don't you list some suggestions of some cards you can pick that are around $300 now, in hopes that they drop in price in the next 4 months.

alceryes

Distinguished
Nothing is future proof and around $200 to $270 is too low for most cards I would suggest as even 'partially' future proof.

Maybe a used but great condition RTX 2070? Is ray-tracing super important to you? If not, there may be some good deals to be had on something like a Vega 64 or 1080 Ti as well.

It's difficult to tell you which direction to go in since I have no idea what's available to you. Why don't you list some suggestions of some cards you can pick that are around $300 now, in hopes that they drop in price in the next 4 months.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS