[SOLVED] What are some good max temps for GPU and MOBO

phunky_21

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
I downloaded hwinfo. The temps for the VRAM on my GPU was around 78C max. The temps on my mobo were around 81-84C. Is 81-84C too hot for mobo? It does say that there is insufficient info for the mobo and temps may not be entirely accurate.

Last edited:
Solution
Quite reasonable. VRAM is fine up to around 100C. If the GPU is reaching around 80-85C that is quite normal.

Depends on what the temps on the motherboard those numbers refer to. Generally anything below 100C is 'okay' mid 80s on the VRMs would be considered good (they are likely okay to 110C or perhaps more) Not that you want them there long term. CPU socket hitting that temp is okay, just soak from the processor. Chipset at that temperature would be high, but not out of spec.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Quite reasonable. VRAM is fine up to around 100C. If the GPU is reaching around 80-85C that is quite normal.

Depends on what the temps on the motherboard those numbers refer to. Generally anything below 100C is 'okay' mid 80s on the VRMs would be considered good (they are likely okay to 110C or perhaps more) Not that you want them there long term. CPU socket hitting that temp is okay, just soak from the processor. Chipset at that temperature would be high, but not out of spec.

Reactions: phunky_21
Solution