What are some hardware benefits of owning AMD CPU or GeForce?

bushdid711

Prominent
Sep 26, 2018
Hello experts, upon research to build my computer, I realized that there are benefits of building a computer with certain hardware.

For example, Intel CPU’s have a hardware feature (if you have a Intel CPU) called “Turbo Boost”, here’s a quote “Turbo boost - a feature that automatically raises certain of its processors' operating frequency, and thus performance, when demanding tasks are running.”.

On the other hand, Nvidia GeForce GPU’s have a feature called “ShadowPlay”, features include Record/Replay, Highlight, Livestream, and so on.

These are the benefits that I call “Hardware Benefits”, when a brand wants more people to buy their stuff, they put in more software features that is integrated into the hardware, and that’s what I hope to see when buying parts.

Here’s my build

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($165.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - X470 Master SLI/AC ATX AM4 Motherboard ($138.87 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Sniper X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($279.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P350X (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($52.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $939.82

Listen, I have asked numerous questions about system build on this forums in recent days, I appreciate all the help from the community, and I hope to be called “experts” one day and help others like how people helped me today.

Solution
AMD has "turbo boost" as well, its not unique to intel.
AMD also has a system similar to shadowplay, though not quite as flushed out.

Realistically, neither has a real advantage over the other.
Nvidia has PhysX, but its basically unsupported now.
Nvidia has Gsync, AMD has Freesync.

Basically, if it performs well and fits your budget, "features" are a moot point.
AMD has "turbo boost" as well, its not unique to intel.
AMD also has a system similar to shadowplay, though not quite as flushed out.

Realistically, neither has a real advantage over the other.
Nvidia has PhysX, but its basically unsupported now.
Nvidia has Gsync, AMD has Freesync.

Basically, if it performs well and fits your budget, "features" are a moot point.

Solution
For example, Intel CPU’s have a hardware feature (if you have a Intel CPU) called “Turbo Boost”, here’s a quote “Turbo boost - a feature that automatically raises certain of its processors' operating frequency, and thus performance, when demanding tasks are running.”.

The AMD equivalent is Precision Boost... https://www.anandtech.com/show/12625/amd-second-generation-ryzen-7-2700x-2700-ryzen-5-2600x-2600/5

For NVIDIA features, you can find them on their website... Ansel/Shadowplay/FSync/Shield/etc
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/