[SOLVED] What are the 2 best air coolers for a ryzen 9 3900x CPU

MutualBenefits

Reputable
Dec 31, 2019
What are the 2 best air coolers for a ryzen 9 3900x CPU from the choices below since I’ll purchase from amazon with the best price? I’ll be upgrading from a ryzen 5 3600 CPU with hyper evo 212, I don’t game on my pc just content creation, digital art, word processing / internet surfing workflow.

Cooler Master Air Ma620p,
Scythe ninja 5
Noctua NH-D15
Deep assassin III

Current pc build
Ryzen 5 3600 with hyper evo 212
Gigabyte x570 arous elite
Ballistix 64gb DDR4 ram @ 3200 mhz
Corsair CX750 PSU
4tb hard drive
512gb SSD
Windforce OC 3x Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8gb

Solution
NH-D15 is probably the best one there.

Cooler Master looks impressive, but I have my doubts. 6 heatpipes might work better on a larger CPU, but they didn't go for the whole nickel plating to really spread the heat out. So two of those heat pipes aren't going to be doing much.

Scythe is a good choice, but only 120mm fans, so not going to be quite as massive as the NH-D15.

Assassin III will probably be somewhere close to the Noctua's performance.

They would all probably work fine for what you are trying to do. Not sure where you might find all of these coolers tested by the same party. My big gripe about coolers is the ones you are looking at are never in the test suite.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
NH-D15 is probably the best one there.

Cooler Master looks impressive, but I have my doubts. 6 heatpipes might work better on a larger CPU, but they didn't go for the whole nickel plating to really spread the heat out. So two of those heat pipes aren't going to be doing much.

Scythe is a good choice, but only 120mm fans, so not going to be quite as massive as the NH-D15.

Assassin III will probably be somewhere close to the Noctua's performance.

They would all probably work fine for what you are trying to do. Not sure where you might find all of these coolers tested by the same party. My big gripe about coolers is the ones you are looking at are never in the test suite.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not my results, mostly opinion. And going with independent reviews of some of these coolers.

Again, very irregular to get multiple coolers of the same rough cost/type in any given round up. Typically reviewed at launch, and compared with things like AIO. Whatever the testers have at hand in the rough performance category. Not sure if it is because there is little interest in cooling reviews, which are tedious and difficult to do, or if they know people will pick based on brand recognition more then hard data.

Personally never owned a Noctua. I have a few Scythe products, and a cooler roughly sized the same as the Ninja, but with the Cooler Master design choice of direct heatpipes. And I know that thing will keep most anything cool enough for operation. I have a few Cooler Master CPU coolers, and I know they are of average performance. Don't believe I have ever encountered a deepcool cooler, but just based on the design it should be pretty decent.