[SOLVED] What are the advantages to a expensive mobo

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Hi, this may sound like a really dumb question but what are the advantages of getting a very expensive mobo because I am going to build a PC with a 3700x and it doesn't require very much power. That is why I chose the TUF in my build list. I was also looking at the x570 taichi and narrowed it down to either getting the 3700X with 2070s and the tuf or getting the 3700X with the 5700XT and the taichi. So what are the advantages of getting the taichi over the tuf.

Solution
Asus has an 802.11ac wifi adapter,the ASRock has the 802.11ax wifi adapter and an Intel LAN as opposed to the Realtek LAN on the Asus. The Taichi has a better build quality over the TUF. If you plan to drop in a more powerful CPU or go for some crazy overclocks, then the Taichi is something I'd get.
Better VRM's, thermals, and of course aesthetics. You don't need the taichi if you're getting a 3700X though, they're more for the flagship CPU's since the power draw are more stable and efficient. The TUF will hold you fine, just make sure it has all the features you need and you'll be set.

Though from personal experience, I have the Taichi and it's a very nice looking board with excellent feature.

Lutfij

Titan
Asus has an 802.11ac wifi adapter,the ASRock has the 802.11ax wifi adapter and an Intel LAN as opposed to the Realtek LAN on the Asus. The Taichi has a better build quality over the TUF. If you plan to drop in a more powerful CPU or go for some crazy overclocks, then the Taichi is something I'd get.

Solution

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
lol no I won't be upgrading the CPU, I will just get a better mobo if I decide to upgrade to a 95w/105w cpu. I think ill get more of a kick out of teh 2070s as the cpu and mobo won't cause any problems thanks